Hello everyone, this week we have another special guest.
Tell me a little about your book and what you write.
I’m Holden Granger, and my most recent book is Her Favorite Vice. This story was a lot of fun to write, and I hope it will be a lot of fun to read! To sum it up, it’s the story of a young police detective, who has her first big case in which she must go undercover as a high-priced call girl. She has the help of her partner, who also pretends to be one of her clients. Together, they match wits with the corrupt judge who uses his office to run the call-girl operation.
Click on the Image for Direct Link to Buy this Book!
- What motivates you to write? I love to create stories, and I’ve found I love it even more when people can read and enjoy them.
- Top five most romantic films in your opinion: Casablanca – Pretty Woman – An Affair to Remember – When Harry Met Sally – Say Anything
- Best Kiss scene in film: Undoubtedly the spaghetti scene in “Lady and the Tramp”
- Top three authors who have inspired you: Mario Puzo, Anne Rice and Raymond Chandler
- What is your favorite subgenre of romance? Right now I enjoy paranormal romance because it gives both writer and readr a chance to enter a new mythology, at least it should if it is done right!
- Do you have a favorite poem? Shakespeare’s Sonnet 130 – it has fun with the classical ideas of romantic poetry
- What do you do in your free time, when you get it? I can’t remember!
- Any new projects on the burner? I always try to keep a couple going. I’m really excited about a paranormal romance I’m working on now.
- What is your secret indulgence? Pop music from the 80’s, I use it to set the mood when I write. Please don’t tell anyone.
- If you could do one thing right now, without consequences, what would it be? Why? That’s the toughest question I’ve been asked! A lot of possibilities come to mind, but I’ll stick with a relatively tame one. I’d like to walk into the Oval Office and chat with the president. I’d love to get his perspective on a few issues.
Favorite season? Summer – less clothes
Biggest pet peeve? Know-it-alls
Favorite dessert? Anything with ice cream
Favorite color? A deep, dark red
Drink of choice? Vodka and water
Favorite band? Fleetwood Mac
Action flick or RomCom – why can’t I have both?
Cuddling or making out – Making out for sure!
Video games or a good book – Good book without question
Pirate or cowboy – Pirate, I love the ocean
Sexy or sweet – sexy
Bonus: If you could meet one person in all of history, who would it be and why?
Maybe it is a cliché, but I would want to meet Abraham Lincoln. I’d like to tell him that all he suffered was not in vain.
Thank you very much, Holden, for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview and congratulations on your new release!